14 July 2015

Tornado Glass Dildo


A few weeks ago Bondara asked me if I'd be interested in reviewing any products from their website, and when I spotted this twisty glass dildo I knew that it was the one for me. I've seen dildos similar to this from various brands for a while now and they've always piqued my curiosity, so I'm quite pleased to finally get my hands on one.

The Tornado is a simple yet elegantly attractive dildo, crafted from a single piece of solid clear glass, with just the slightest hint of colour adorning the edges in the form of a red stripe. In part this was what drew me to the piece, as I love a sex toy that has a beautiful sculptural quality about it, as well as being functional.

Unlike the majority of toys in my collection the Tornado is of the long and thin variety, measuring in at 7" from base to tip, and with a 4" circumference at the widest point. It features this helter-skelter spiral design, like an Archimedes screw, and it's the fins of this which give it quite a prominent texture, negating the need for it to be of any great thickness.

The construction of the Tornado is top notch and I really can't fault it. It's smooth, uniform, free from chips, scratches, air bubbles, and no moulding lines either. 

When it comes to using the dildo for the first time it's actually quite a fascinating experience, because if you hold it very loosely and lower yourself down onto it then the dildo will slowly spin around and screw itself into your body. After years of testing hundreds of different insertables there are still some unique sensations that will come along and surprise you, and it really does feel quite different to something just sliding straight in. I think that one of the benefits of how it enters the body this way is that it makes the toy seem far less extreme. Even with its modest girth the very nature of the design is going to be enough to put off most beginners when considering using this anally, but the gentle screwing motion both eliminates the need for stretching the sphincter, and takes away what would appear to be a very bumpy texture. It's quite enjoyable to thrust with the dildo this way, casually allowing it to twist its way in and out of the body. It's very much a sphincter-based toy, this is where you're going to feel all the sensation, rather than anything more internal or around the prostate, and I think that a lot of times the anus itself can be overlooked as an erogenous zone, so it's nice to have a toy that really exploits that for a change. The 6 1/2" insertable inches of the toy allow you to take really long strokes before having to reverse course, which is especially great if you're going slowly with it, though you might not manage to take the entirety of the rigid glass shaft before hitting a dead end. Despite everything I've just mentioned about the screw-action of the Tornado, there is in fact another way to enjoy it, but this is slightly more advanced. The other option is simply to hold the dildo still to prevent it from spinning, and then to thrust, but this requires the ability to completely relax your anal muscles for it to work. Doing this you really do feel the full intensity of the texture against your sphincter, and this bumpy ride up and down can be very enjoyable as well, though quite different. I rather enjoy the contrast between starting with a slow gentle twisting motion in and out, and then switching over to a more intense bumpy ride at an increased speed. It's definitely nice to find that option of dual functionality there.

Because it's a glass dildo you can of course do all the usual fun things with temperature play. I'm personally a fan of the cold option myself, especially in the Summer heatwave we're experiencing right now, so it's fun to pop it into the fridge and enjoy a chill as it twists into the body.

One other thing I should mention is that the Tornado does come with its own velvet storage pouch, which I always find to be a nice touch with glass toys.

I have to thank Bondara for sending this one over to me, and I'd be very happy to recommend it. If you're looking for something that puts a bit of a different twist on your regular dildo play, then the Tornado is worth checking out.

The Tornado is available directly from Bondara.

No comments:

Post a Comment